Date: 10-29-24 Time: 3:20 Climate: strong winds, warm, cloudy Temperature: 77 degrees Length of day: 10 hours and 21 minutes Organisms: saw fish, felt dead leaves, damp dirt, dead plants Changes: Didn't see any water bugs this visit, saw fish that I hadn't seen before, more dead plants and dead leaves, not as much missing water as last time. Questions: Why am I just now seeing the fish? Why is there more water than last time? Last time I asked if the rain effects the smell and how strong the smell of the stream is. The answer is yes. But how? Well, when the rain falls, it picks up aromatic compounds from the soil and then those drops go into the stream, therefore creating a different smell because the rain picked up vegetation and other smells from the soil in the stream. The rain can also dilute existing smells and introduce those back into the stream. Source for answer: https://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/atmospheric/question479.htm
Comments
Post a Comment